|With my hyper sensitive skin (L), I use these products myself|
As fall fades away, winter rolls in and brings with it harsh conditions that can be damaging to skin, especially for those with sensitive skin and rosacea skin like mine. From low temperatures to snow, ice and strong winds, the winter climate can wreak havoc on the complexion, causing windburn, irritation and dryness.
To keep skin looking healthy throughout the winter (and the rest of the year) take a proactive approach to your skin care routine.
1. Use a moisturizing face wash: Be careful not to wash your face too frequently. Over-washing the skin can dry it out, making it prone to irritation. To combat this, use a moisturizing face wash when you cleanse in the morning and before bed at night, such as this Gentle Cream Wash. Packed with skin-loving botanical ingredients, Ceramides and added pro vitamins, this moisturizer cleanses and nourishes skin. The SOOTHE line offers is a complete range of facial skincare products perfect for even sensitive skin.
2. Be gentle: When washing your face, be gentle in your technique. Use lukewarm water and wash your face with your fingertips without scrubbing or using your nails. Gently pat your face dry with a soft towel to prevent removal of natural lipids from the skin.
3. Maintain humidity in your home: While moisture is essential for skin care products, it is also important for your exterior environment. Using a humidifier in the winter months will complement the products you use by adding additional moisture into the air to help keep your skin moisturized day and night. As an alternative, consider purchasing plants for your home. Keeping them watered means the plants will reciprocate the moisture into the air, creating a similar effect as a humidifier.
4. Use a long-lasting moisturizer: The use of quality products in your daily skin care regimen is beneficial to your skin, and it is important to purchase the right product for your skin type. Choose a moisturizer with pro-vitamins that nourishes and refreshes your skin. Find a daily moisturizer with ingredients like botanicals, protectants and carnitine. For sensitive skin, be sure to choose products that are hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, such as this Moisture Replenishing Cream, which offers skin-loving ingredients to help hydrate and nourish. SOOTHE face care products are made without dyes, artificial perfumes or harsh irritants.
5. Practice clean eating: It’s true that what we eat is processed in our bodies to create new cells that make up our muscles, organs and tissues. And the same goes for skin. Be sure to include pro-vitamin rich foods like blueberries, strawberries, sweet potatoes, salmon, yogurt and nuts. Avoid too many sugars, including beverages, as sugars are damaging to the collagen of skin, which makes the skin tight and eliminates the visibility of wrinkles. Nourishing your body from within will benefit you more when you apply healthy, vitamin-rich products to your skin, so be sure eat right through the winter months.
With these skin-loving tips, getting through this winter season with healthy skin will be no problem for you! For more information,take the “Skin Care Consultation” and learn tips for caring for sensitive skin and other skin types throughout the winter.