|My "before" photo showing the dark spots I treated with Reverse|
The sun takes its toll on our skin. In fact, photoaging from the sun causes 80% of the signs of aging to our skin.
Sun bathing, tanning beds and sun exposure of 20 minutes a day outdoors without sunscreen can result in skin appearing dull, with dark marks, age spots or melasma, also known as liver spots and hyperpigmentation.
The sun causes your skin to protect itself by producing melanin. This dark pigment is in several layers of skin and what you see on the surface of the skin is the tip of the iceberg. Much more pigment lurks below the surface. This dark pigment below the surface may not be visible yet, but it already is making the skin duller and less reflective. And over time, the darker color will rise to the surface as more and more age spots appear.
Those stubborn spots take more time and treatment. That's why I recommend the REVERSE Regimen.
Changes happen slowly over time making it difficult to see all of the great changes that your skin is making. The longer you use the products, the more visible the results will be.
I recommend taking before and after photos comparing skin after using the REVERSE Regimen twice a day for at least 60 days. Be sure to follow directions and be consistent with using all the products over your entire face, neck, décolleté, and/or hands. Each step builds on the next to both treat and help prevent abnormal pigmentation.
If you are struggling with hard-to-treat dark marks, here is a great tip for you.
1) Deep Exfoliating Wash: Wet skin with lukewarm water. Using fingertips, gently and evenly massage a quarter-sized amount onto entire face for 30-60 seconds, avoiding contact with eyes. Rinse thoroughly; pat dry. Use once every other day and increase to twice daily as tolerated.
2) Skin Lightening Toner: Apply evenly to entire face with a fresh gauze pad, avoiding the eye area. Do not rinse off. Allow to dry. Use once every other day and increase to twice daily as tolerated.
3) Skin Lightening Treatment: Apply a generous dime-sized amount evenly over the entire face, morning and evening, avoiding the eye area. Allow treatment to penetrate skin. Do not rinse off. Use once every other day and increase to twice daily as tolerated.
4) Now apply extra Skin Lightening Treatment over stubborn dark marks. Cut or tear plastic or saran wrap or plastic wrap and lay it over the extra layer of Skin Lightening Treatment. Let it set for 2 hours.
5) Remove plastic wrap, blend in the Skin Lightening Treatment and continue with any other products that you use in the morning or evening.
Do this treatment 2 hours a day, 5 days a week for 2 weeks.
For those stubborn marks that do not lighten, you may need to see a dermatologist.
Join the discussion on Facebook at Skincare Examiner
For questions about skin care or this article email me at firstname.lastname@example.org