Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Country-gospel artist Glen Campbell to release his last song - Examiner



 This article was hard for me to write. I had a huge crush on Glen Campbell in junior high and then later, I slowly lost my own father to this dreadful disease. It breaks my heart for anyone to have to walk down this long road. God bless you, Glen Campbell.

Country Music Hall of Fame member Glen Campbell has recorded his last song which will release on September 30 to digital retailers. “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” was written by Campbell and Julian Raymond for “Glen Campbell… I’ll Be Me,” a new documentary about Campbell’s life and his battle with Alzheimer’s disease. The film had its world premiere at Nashville Film Festival in April 2014.

“I’m Not Gonna Miss You” reveals the things Alzheimer’s steals—what is lost, the cost, and the reality of all that will all be taken from Campbell and those who deal with the relentless disease. The country star recently entered a long-term care facility in Nashville to better provide for his condition.

Read more:  Country-gospel artist Glen Campbell to release his last song - Examiner

Also see: Country star Glen Campbell and Alzheimer's: profile of True Grit

skin_and_health@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment