As the Southeast prepares for more cold winter temperatures, Blossman Gas shares some important propane safety tips
How to Prepare Your Home for Severe Winter Weather
· Schedule your tank and appliances for a maintenance check by your propane provider
· Be sure there is an adequate supply of fuel in the tank. Federal regulations do not allow propane providers to fill your tank more than 80%. Your optimal tank level is between 25% and 80%. If your level is below 20%, please contact your service provider for a fill.
· Keep the area around your propane tank and any vents, chimneys, flues free from ice and snow.
· Be sure your propane generator is well-maintained, stored outdoors away from open windows and doors, and there is adequate supply of fuel in the tank; and be sure to use high-quality extension cords designed for outside use to connect your propane generator to your home.
· NEVER store propane tank indoors.
· Notify your propane provider immediately if you run out of propane as a qualified technician must check for leaks before turning the gas back on.
For more resources:
About Blossman Gas: Propane is a naturally safe, clean energy source that is used in millions of homes. Blossman Gas & Appliance has been providing comfort to families throughout the Southeast for more than 60 years. Blossman is a full-service company that provides everything from propane delivery to appliance sales, installation and service. For more information, call 1.888.Blossman or visit www.blossmangas.com.
Ask me about amazing clinical skincare products and start your way to clearer, healthier skin today! Join me on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info! I would love to help you have healthier skin!
Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing the link to this skin care article with others.