Sunday, March 16, 2014

TOXIC: Dangers of Aspartame?



I almost shared an image about the dangers of Aspartame on the Skin, Health & Beauty Facebook page today, because I
have been hearing about the dangers of Aspartame since the 1980s.


 Since I am no fan of artificial sweeteners including Aspartame, I was predisposed to share the list of "known" issues Aspartame causes with my finger on the "Share" button. However, I have recently done some research on shock-for-cash activist groups
like The Environmental Working Group/Skin Deep, PETA and the gluten-free crowd, so I decided to do some quick research on
Aspartame.

Imagine my surprise when I found many websites that disproved some notions I had long held about Aspartame--notions based upon nothing but here-say and some undocumented claims passed along by
my friends and perhaps a radio announcer, website or other "expert."

If you think Aspartame gives you headaches or any other symptoms, clearly you shouldn't ingest it. I will probably continue to reach for cane sugar myself. But we have GOT to STOP believing every scare story our Aunt Bettie, sister Sue and pal Bud tell us without looking for some research to back it up -- legitimate research. And we have got to stop passing things along--gossip, Facebook posts, blogs, Tweets, etc. without doing a little research first.

Here is what Snopes had to say about one scare email circulating about the dangers of Aspartame:
David
Hattan and I am currently Acting Director of the Division of Health
Effects Evaluation in the United States Food & Drug Administration
(USFDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp#taM4JbQZmeMtsSJr.99
David
Hattan and I am currently Acting Director of the Division of Health
Effects Evaluation in the United States Food & Drug Administration
(USFDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp#taM4JbQZmeMtsSJr.99
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

I will never recommend you eat Aspartame or other artificial sweeteners. I have 30 years of myths and hear-say circulating through my brain that contradict what I read today, and I don't quite know what to believe. However, I will recommend you research it for yourself and not just believe everything your friends tell you or that you find on the internet.

And if you don't think there is a powerful lobbying and huge P.R. spin machine operating in the billion-dollar all-natural, organic industry, you have your head in the sand.

Also see: The TOXIC Truth about the Environmental Working Group  




Ask me about amazing, clinical skincare products and start your way to clearer, healthier skin today! Join me on Facebook or email skin_and_health@yahoo.com for more info! I would love to help you have healthier skin!

skin_and_health@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment