Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Donating hair to those in need: Locks of Love, Wigs for Kids, Beautiful Lengths - Nashville Skin Care | Examiner.com


My hair right before getting it cut for Locks of Love

Donating hair to those in need: Locks of Love, Wigs for Kids, Beautiful Lengths

Long Hair Not Just a Fashion Statement
When I was a young child, my father was stationed in India as attaché to the American Embassy. My hair care was turned over to our resident ayah who began to braid my hair. By the time we left India three years later, I had a long blond braid (sometimes two pigtails) - a braid I would not cut until I was 14. As soon as I cut it, I began to grow it out again, and I have kept it long since then. However, after losing my mother to cancer in 1991, for more than a decade, every 2 or 3 years I have donated a braid to Locks of Love. I now grow it long for a purpose--to donate to make wigs for cancer patients.

Read more at:  Donating hair to those in need: Locks of Love, Wigs for Kids, Beautiful Lengths - Nashville Skin, Bealth & Beauty Examiner

If you have any skin care questions, contact me at skin_and_health@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment