Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Skin Care Journey

With  People are often curious about how and why I got into skin care. I have always had only a mild interest in cosmetics and fashion, so it surprises some to discover I am now a skin care consultant with Rodan + Fields Dermatologists. In reality, I have been in skin care off and on since I graduated from college.

In fact, I sold Avon in the college dorm and in my neighborhood while still taking a few courses. I loved learning about the various products and the ingredients, but I was skeptical about the results... or lack of results. It didn't take long for me to figure out most over-the-counter cosmetics have the same basic ingredients, and they all work -- or don't work -- about the same.

Some years passed and I was hired to work in the Macy's Cosmetic Department where I learned about high-end department store skin care and cosmetics from cosmetic lines like Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Elizabeth Ardin and others.

While I was working at Macy's, Estee Lauder purchased 1/3 interest in a new anti-aging skin care line from Rodan + Fields called Anti-Age. That skin care line quickly became the bast-selling anti-aging product in high-end department stores like Nordstrom's.

During those same years, I developed skin cancer in patches all over my face. my dermatologist prescribed Efudex Fluoroplex for the skin cancer, and then Renova for the scarring. Between the 2 chemicals, my skin's natural protective barrier was destroyed and I developed rosacea. I was prescribed more medications: 2 different types of Metronidazole and later Finacea. but I still had rosacea. That's when I discovered Rodan + Fields now made Soothe for rosacea, and I began using Rodan + Fields products.

with Rosacea L; clear skin R
My skin care journey really began when my mother taught me how to wash my face. Taking care of our skin is a life-long journey. After all, we all have skin and it is aging every day.The time to start taking care of it is today. If you have any questions about skin care, feel free to leave me a comment or email me. Contact skin_and_health@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment